Longhorn Beef jerky recipe has never been so healthy when made with Longhorn meat. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think. We know you will love it.
- 2 lb. of Longhorn round, flank or skirt steaks.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place Longhorn meat in the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting. Slightly frozen meat will be easier to cut into thin, consistent slices.
- Place beef thin sliced strips in the bottom of a large bowl. Pour soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika over beef. Mix to assure all the meat is evenly coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from bowl and place on a low heat 160°F or less smoker for 1 hour.
- Arrange the meat strips on the tray of a dehydrator and dry at your dehydrators highest setting, mine is 160°F until done to your liking, at least 3-4 hours depending on how thick your cuts are. Store in an airtight container or resealable bags.
- Enjoy and let us know what you think.
Longhorn Beef Jerky
Longhorn Beef Jerky Recipe Nutrition
|3.5oz Longhorn Beef||Calories||Protein Grams||Fat Grams||Cholesterol Millegrams|
|Iron Rock Ranch Longhorn Beef||140.0||25.5||3.7||61.5|
Longhorn Beef Jerky Recipe Facts
Iron Rock Ranch Grass Fed Longhorn Nutrition Chart
|Our Longhorn test Results Nutrition Chart||Iron Rock Ranch Longhorn Grass Fed|
|Sat Fat %||4.3|
|Mono Fat %||2.53|
|Omega 3 mg/g||1.52|
|Omega 6 mg/g||2.56|